The club was established in 1898. They became founder members of the New Forest League, and went on to win the league several times. After World War I the club played in the Bournemouth League, before joining the West Section of the Hampshire League in 1923. However, after finishing bottom of the West Section in 1925–26, they left the league, returning to the New Forest League. The club re-entered the Hampshire League in 1935, joining Division Two, but left after only two seasons, again dropping back into the New Forest League.
Officers & Committee
Badger's Draw Administrator
Clubhouse & Bar Manager
1st Team Manager
To contact any member of the Committee please email:
The club was founded in 1898 initially playing close to the Rhinefield Ornamental Drive. The Badgers were founder members of the New Forest league which they won a number of times. They moved before the first World War to a site between the Rose and Crown and Snakecatcher pubs. Following the war the club played in both the Bournemouth and Hampshire leagues, moving to Fathersfield. In 1931 they were forced to move again to Black Knoll when Fathersfield was given over to housing. In 1935 the club won the New Forest Lads Cup. Within two years the Badgers moved to Oberfield and after the Second World war they spent some seasons at Tile Barn before moving to their current home at Grigg Lane in 1951.
The club were crowned Hampshire League Division Three champions in 1960 as well as winning the Bournemouth Seniors cup. They moved between the Second and Third divisions until in 1971 they were promoted to Division One where they won the league title in the 1975-76 season. Brockenhurst were founder members of the Wessex League joining in 1986. The club’s FA Cup giant killing reached its pinnacle in season 2001/02 when Kingstonian were defeated and in season 2004/05 the club reached the 3rd qualifying round, the run ending in defeat to Bath City.
In season 2012/13 the club returned to the Wessex Premier League as Division One champions and reached the final of both the Southamption DFA Senior Cup and the Wessex league Cup though unfortunately were beaten in both. The club has been rebuilding under the leadership of Manager Pat McManus with the target of reaching the top half of the league in the coming season and developing the squad with a view to building further on the initial success.
2016/17 saw the introduction of two new teams with a focus on attracting the best young players in the area. The U18's team finished second ,on goal difference, in their first season in Hampshire Youth Football League (Div 2) and gained promotion to division one for the 17/18 season. The U18's also entered the prestigious FA Youth Cup in 17/18, the first time in the clubs history. The Development Squad play in The Wyvern Combination League (West) and are a stepping stone between the U18's and first team.
Both teams have proven invaluable to the first team since their inception.
Meadens Skoda Arena
Grigg Lane, Brockenhurst,
Hampshire SO42 7RE
Leave the M27 at junction 1 and head for Lyndhurst on the A337. At Lyndhurst follow the sign posts for Lymington keeping on the A337. Brockenhurst is about 3 miles south of Lyndhurst. Once in Brockenhurst turn right into Grigg Lane opposite the Careys Manor Hotel. The ground is situated about 400 yds on the right hand side
*The club car park is for players and officials only*
There is a public car park opposite Tesco's in the village centre
Brockenhurst Station located on the South Western Main Line from London Waterloo to Weymouth. It is also the junction of the Lymington Branch Line. The station is located approximately 5 minutes from the football club.
General Entrance fees:- £7 Adults, Under16 free.